Saturday 19 April 2014

Honeymoon with mother!

Hi everybody! Thanks for stopping to look at my page. Today it's another scrapbook layout. This time with the interesting title of "Honeymoon with mother".
My page is made in response to the CSI (http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/) challenge:


I really loved the sketch so I followed it quite closely, but I’m afraid I forgot to put the journaling in a pocket as I intended. I’m away from home while writing this so I can’t do anything about it. Sorry. It’s done now so I’m going to upload this nevertheless.
But.. the colours are all there. The red is a door in the background of one of the photos, and the pale green is in the two pieces of PP.
And the Evidence: white background and penwork. (Stitching, although some of it is rub-ons).
The speech bubbles read: “Oh dear! We can’t get our visas for St Petersburg in time for our honeymoon. What are we going to do?” “Why don’t we go back to Spain with mama after the wedding. We can then see where she lives and it will be a cheap holiday for us”.


The journaling that was supposed to go in a pocket behind the photos:

In 2012 my son Costantino finally got married to his long standing girl friend/fiancée Marianna after being together for 17 years! (I’m sure that must be a record!) She is an art lover and their dream was to spend their honeymoon in St Petersburg, Russia. They didn’t realise that by not joining a tour group the visa requirements  were more complicated. They were not able to organise their dream holiday in time for the wedding. My husband Graham and I travelled to Italy for the wedding and the newlyweds came back with us and stayed 10 days at our cave house in Spain. Costantino and Marianna had never been to our Spanish abode and I think they enjoyed themselves in spite of the fact that it was a ‘Honeymoon With Mother!’

Thank you for looking. I'll be back soon with some more photos about our life here in Spain.

God bless and.... keep scrapping!
Lisca

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL...that's a great story! Love how you've used the sketch here, too...& the 'stitching' looks fab:):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Haha. I cannot imagine a honeymoon with mama. Love your page. Wonderful take on Em's sketch.