Monday, 5 October 2026

A Postcard A Day - Monday 5 October 2026 - Monday Murals

 Hi everyone,

I usually post Fridays and Tuesdays, but I have photographed a mural last week, which I would like to show you:


I visited Krakow in Poland last week and I saw this mural as we were walking into the old part of the city.
It has an inscription/signature  just above the door on the left. It reads:
Project: Darek Vasina
Studio2
Wykonanie: Tupet
Sightseeing
Sawshit
2024

I found something about the artist on the Internet and I used Google Translate to translate the Polish text into English:
Darek Vasina, real name DariuszVasina, Studied at the Faculty of Graphic Arts at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków. Received his diploma in 1990 from Prof. Stanisław Wejman’s Copperplate Engraving Studio, with a supplementary project in drawing from Prof. Jacek Gaj’s studio. 
Cyclops (2011)


Works in drawing, painting, printmaking, and illustration. Has held the academic rank of *doktor habilitowany* (post-doctoral degree) since 2007. Runs painting studios at the Faculty of Graphic Arts at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków and illustration studios at the Institute of Art at the State University of Applied Sciences (PWSZ) in Tarnów, as well as teaching drawing at the School of Form in Warsaw. Co-initiator and co-founder of the Narrative Drawing Studio at our faculty. Member of the "Non-existent Three Eyes Group" (*Nieistniejąca grupa Trzy Oczy*), the "Gili-Gili" art collective, and the "Studio 2" design and art duo. 
Darek Vasina and Beata Kotnowska.


Has participated in over one hundred solo and group exhibitions. An enthusiast of illustration and artistic comics.


That is all from me. More about my stay in Krakow on tomorrow's blog, which I will link with T stands for Tuesday.

Take care,

Lisca


No comments: