Friday, 4 September 2026

A Postcard A Day - Friday 4 September 2026 - Friday Smiles and Friday Faces

 Hello lovely peeps,

Happy Friday to you! I have a lovely postcard to share with a special stamp. And it has a face on it so I will also joining Face Off. 

I have just come back from a trip to Italy, so I will show you some more some photos from my trip. Then last but not least there will be ten funnies at the end.

Let me show you this postcard:

It's a so-called Maxi-card and comes all the way from Australia. It is a First Day Issue of the stamp and it is sold with a postcard of the same theme. The stamp is stuck on the front of the card for the occasion. Many countries issue them (but not the USA for some reason). 

The picture on the card (and on the stamp) features the produce sold at Adelaide Central Market.

Looking on the Internet, this is what the market looks like on the outside:
And on the inside:

I personally would prefer an outdoor market with stalls, but I suppose it depends on the climate. What is the climate like in Adelaide? I have no idea.

The card was sent to me (via Postcrossing) by Sharon. She put a sticker on the card telling me about where she lives:

Well, what have I been up to?
I have been staying with my son in Italy (in Abruzzo). 


In his little town there is a Sunday market.
It snakes around all the little streets. I bought some nice outfits although I only went to look for a cardigan!
 But this part is the vegetable market, next to the church.
My son and daughter-in-law are buying yellow peaches.

We also went to the beach a few times at a beach near Ortona:
We went early as it is so hot. The 'free' part of the beach is cleaned and raked by a guy on a tractor. He always makes a heart shape when he's finished. I like that.

My son and family rent a parasol and recliners for a whole season. They have done this for years. Theirs is in the fourth row from the water (the last row with the large parasols).

On the right (not visible in the above photo) are the rocks:
Me and my grandson on the rocks. I'm sorry, but I don't look very good in a bathing suit. This one has a little skirt but I still look awful.

On another day we went for a stroll in the mountains:
The village is called Pennapiedimonte and it is a 5 minute drive from my son's house.
I love the mountains more than the coast.
Below me and my boy:

Their house has a lovely large terrace:
Where we have our meals and generally spend a lot of time. It wraps around the side of the house too.

The views are beautiful:
The mountain is called the Maiella and has two ski areas, which are more visible in winter.

I will finish with a lovely sunset from the terrace:

The mountain in the far background is called the Gran Sasso (The big stone).

That is all for now. I think there are several faces for the Friday Face Off and for Friday Smiles, there will be some funnies at the end.

Have a lovely weekend,

Lisca


























































1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

When I was in Adelaide two years agi it was summer and pretty warm (you´d peobably call it hot ;-)...).
The problem is the UV-index is very high, I wouln´d want stand outdoors all day. Sometimes there are even warning UV-Index 11....
Love the heart-shaped part of the beach - great when someone loves his job!
And that terrace - wonderful!
Picard... Picard... Good ones, have a happy Friday.