Hello lovely girls,
I must apologize in advance for not having many photos from this week. Life has been happily tripping along as Virginia used to say. But I do have a postcard for you:
It was sent from a Postcrossing Meet-up in Dortmund, Germany.
Above you can see the location in Germany. The water depicted on the card is an artificial lake called the Phoenixsee (See means 'lake'.)
The Phoenix-See is located on the area of the former blast furnace and steel plant site of ThyssenKrupp in the middle of an urban environment. The lake is now a recreational area with a 3,2 km long pedestrian and bicycle path. Among the birds species you can observe on Phoenix-See are Tufted Duck, Canada Goose, Reed Bunting, Black-headed Gull, Eurasian Moorhen, Egyptian Goose and Mute Swan. (Wikipedia)
The members who were gathered at the meeting place signed (or stamped) many cards to be sent to people around the world. I was one of them.
It is very tiring and time-consuming (as I found out myself) to sign hundreds of cards, so many people have a little stamp with their username on it.
The postage stamps they used on my card are really nice.
Udo Jürgens is a very famous Austrian singer of the so-called Schlager genre. I used to listen to his music back in the day. He had a lovely voice and sung clearly so I could understand what he was singing.
Udo Jürgens (1934-2014), was an Austrian composer and singer of popular music whose career spanned over 50 years. He won the Eurovision Song Contest 1966 for Austria, composed close to 1,000 songs, and sold over 104 million records. In 2007, he additionally obtained Swiss citizenship. Wikipedia
Enough of Udo, what has been happening here in Spain? What has made me smile?
Well, my cactus has flowered for the second time:
And I have finally finished putting all the photos in a large multi-photo frame.
It has photos of all the people that I love, family as well as friends. It's hanging in a prominent place in my flat. I'm very pleased.
Of course Ronnie is a never ending source of pleasure and smiles:
7 comments:
I can see why people get a stamp made for thos repost crosses. That's a lot of cards. And some of those stamps are great.And your Actus flower (time 2) is really pretty. And ha ha. What you have to love about cats is that they do find the most interesting places to sleep. hope you have a great weekend ahead, and of course Friday too. hugs-Erika
And I was in Dortmund last year, not knowing of this lake - darn it!
"Landei1978" - I had a collleague who sent me pics of tractors, he´s my age, though, so... not him!
We were so lucky. We went to one of Udo Jürgens´ last concerts here in Braunschweig - it was wonderful! I have one of his books, the movie...
He of course performed that song here, too - and came back in his famous white wardrobe for "last songs"! Thank you, I enjoyed this immensly! And I really never have been in New York. But I ripped my jeans in Paris.
Love your Photo-frame - Ii have one in our kitchen. With my family and all.
To Ronnie!
Good funnies - have a great Friday!
I also can see a need for a stamp. My hand gets tired after I write my name three times. Hundreds would take me forever. I do like the postcard and all those people who signed it shows dedication. Will you be ordering your own stamp before the next event?
I enjoyed reading about the postage stamp, too.
Wow! That cactus has been prolific. Lucky you.
That's a nice photo frame and a lovely way to see loved ones every day.
Cats find the most unusual places to sleep and in the most unusual positions.
You found some great funnies. My favorite is the first one about the chemistry question. Have a super rest of the weekend, dear friend.
Hi Lisca, nice postcards. You know I love stamps and these are very interesting. Beautiful cactus flower too. The photos in the frame is a great idea, mine are stuck on the side of the fridge with a magnet but this is a much better idea. Love Ronnie's water fountain and the funnies too. Have a great weekend. Hugs Angela xXx
The card is so interesting and the stamps even more so. Your photos look wonderful displayed this way. Great idea. Ronnie always looks so content. Your funnies are really funny. The first one cracked me up. Have a very nice day today.
Yep it's definitely tripping along how are we past the midpoint of the year already. The photo frame looks lovely and what a lovely reminder every time you walk past. Ronnie looks very happy and content, hope you are having a great weekend.
Loved the dad's family & the humming birds jokes! What a great way to display people's photos. Keren xx
Post a Comment