Friday 3 May 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 3 May 2024 Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Is the sun shining? No? Well in this blog we look for the silver lining: any smiles of this week. And later I will share my smiles with Annie at A Stitch in Time. 

And for me a postcard is always smile-worthy. A Postcard in my mailbox is happy mail for me. 

Today I want to show you a card I received recently:

It comes to me from Germany and it's a cute photograph of a girl in an ink stain. I've not been able to find out who the artist is as on the back there is information about a 2017 congress about Luther (Martin Luther of the Reformation)

The German printing on the back of the postcard reads:
"Martin Luther war ein Wortakrobat. In seinen Schriften schuf er zahlreiche Ausdrücke und Redewendungen, die wir noch heute verwenden – vom Lästermaul bis zum Wort auf der Goldwaage. Welchen Wortschöpfung Luthers entdecken Sie im Tintenklecks auf der Vorderseite? Die Lösung finden Sie immer am Ende des Monats auf unserer Facebook-Seite oder im Internet unter: www.luther2017.de".

(Martin Luther was a word acrobat. In his writings he created numerous expressions and phrases that we still use today - from the blasphemer to the word on the gold scales. Which neologism of Luther's do you see in the inkblot on the front? You can always find the solution at the end of the month on our Facebook page or on the Internet at: www.luther2017.de)

It celebrates the 500 year anniversary of the Reformation.


Also on the back of the card:

REFORMATIONSJUBILÄUM 2017
Am 31. Oktober 2017 jährte sich der Thesenanschlag zum 500. Mal. 
(Reformation anniversary 2017. October 31 , 2017 marked the 500th anniversary of the posting of the theses.)

The stamps are absolutely beautiful:

The most interesting one is the one with the moon rock. 
Denominated €0.80, the Moon Rock stamp is part of the Microworlds stamp series, which includes designs that provide microscopic views of items. According to information from Deutsche Post, the lunar rock on the new stamp is shown under 30x magnification.

Well, what have I been doing this week? Any smiles? Oh yes, many. 

Together with my friends Kim and Andy we went to Almería, on the south coast. It was an hour and a half drive. We all wanted to visit the Casa del Cine, (House of movies). It used to be called Cortijo Romero. It originally belonged to the Balmes family.

Cortijo Romero later provided shelter to actors and actresses during the filming of some films, such as Clint Eastwood or Brigitte Bardot, who recorded sequences in places such as the Tabernas Desert or Cabo de Gata.

In the photo above are a costume used by Clint Eastwood and a dress was from the film Cleopatra.
But the person who gave this house the most fame was John Lennon, who in 1966 participated in the filming of the film 'How I Won the War'. 


His stay in the house inspired the well-known song Strawberry Fields Forever and from that moment on, the house took on special relevance. After filming John Lennon invited his then wife Cynthia to stay

Ringo Star and his wife Maureen also came to stay as it was relatively quiet and they weren't mobbed by hordes of screaming teenage girls.



That is all from me.I'm going to watch some tv. I have 'discovered' Vera and have started watching (streaming) the series from season one. I have now watched 3 or four episodes. I really like her. A very unusual police woman. 

Of course I will leave you with some funnies at the end.

Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca






















8 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The movie house must be really fun to visit, imagining that you are meeting all the stars who have been there.
Have a great weekend.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We did have lots of sun yesterday but it's very dull this morning and may well rain later probably because it is a Bank Holiday this weekend. Loving the colours on this weeks moon rock stamp. Looks like you've had another good week. I have been to Almeria many years ago but don't remmeber it very well though it may have changed since then. It certainly looks interesting where you were. The funny about the clothes and the door handle is so true, don't know why though. Wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

That moon rock stamp is rather lovely and more interesting than many.
I had not heard of that house in Almeria, but it looks like a good place to visit.I am glad you had a nice day out with friends.
It sounds as though you have had more rain than us. We have had a bit this week but it is nowhere near enough. Hopefully some of yours will travel down to us. At least we had enough to water my plants this week. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

No sun here, either.
But great card and stamps (what is with our post-office - only the boring ones!)
Cool movie house and thank you for the laughs! To a great weekend!

Annie said...

It sounds like you've had a good week :-) I love your funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, that shows how long I've known you as it's ages since I did any Powertex. Most of the pieces are scattered around the house, they are still here xXx

Rostrose said...

Oh, Almeria! Dear Lisca, you have now brought back old memories. I was in Almeria in 1981 - on Interrail with my friend Gaby. Back then I was thinner than ever again and even a little tanned ... by my standards ;-). This trip was one of the most important of my life - that's when we basically became adults because we had to deal with some problems on our own and we overcame them. We would have liked the Casa del Cine too, but I think it didn't exist in its current form back then - or we just didn't know about it...
Speaking of travel, I think you would like Singapore. But it certainly looks very different from the Singapore your parents saw. My husband recognized almost nothing - he was there in 1995...
Your postcard and stamps are lovely. Unfortunately I don't recognize the neologism Luther's in the inkblot... Do you?
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/rostrosen-alltag-nach-der-reise.html

LA Paylor said...

cool house tour!
can you imagine riding a bike naked with the little pointy seat which is bad enough when you have pants on?
LeeAnna