Friday 13 January 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 13 January 2023 - Friday Smiles



 

Hello lovely ladies, How are you all? 

Here I am again thinking about the smiles in my life. There have been many these few weeks. I am joining Annie at A Stitch In Time with her smiles.

I haven't got a postcard this time as they are on my PC but that doesn't matter for once.

Of course I have been to Holland to see my mum. 

I needed a document for my pension to prove I am alive, so I traveled to a council office that would do that for me at short notice:

I didn't have to wait long. And as you can see it is a pleasant, well organised place.

Here are a few photos of Rotterdam seen from public transport:



This is Monsieur Jacques, a statue that I remember from when I was young.

Ever since the life-size sculpture Monsieur Jacques by Oswald Wenckebach has stood on the Coolsingel many of Rotterdam’s inhabitants have taken it to their hearts. Monsieur Jacques is not a portrait of a real person but a representation of a self-satisfied middle-class man. Since 1959 he has stood on the same spot doing nothing but looking around him: his chest out, his nose held high, holding his hat behind his back.



And then I flew back to Spain from Rotterdam airport, which is smaller than Schiphol (Amsterdam), so it's easier to get to and it saves me a train ticket and an extra hour traveling. Smiles all round.


I stayed at my sister's in Marbella again. We did long walks along the beach.

My sister bought me a nice jumper and she wanted to see how I look in it:

I know I should crop these photos, but I'm using my MacBook and I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Finally I am showing a sunset (from my bedroom window at my sister's):
but first the view in the day time (I might have shown this picture before):

And this is the sunset. Really beautiful!


That is it from me today.
I have some funnies at the end, but for now I will say have a nice weekend, and...
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca








Not a funny, but a beautiful way to hide a toilet:





















7 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, pleased to see you're doing so well and able to get the pension sorted. It's lovely to see all the places you've been too and loving the funnies. Take care and have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Glad you are safely back in Spain to start the net chapter of your 'new life'. It is good that your sister is not too far away. I lke the jumper she bought for you.
That view is lovely and the sunset is stunning.
As usual you found some good funnies to make us smile. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Monsieur Jacques is in many a place...

And your Sister must be a wonderful person. And lives in a beautiful place.

Love the Mystery section :-)
And the last one - to smiles!

kathyinozarks said...

I loved that mystery section too and the quote about cursive-sad they no longer teach cursive in schools here any more-I haven't wrapped my head around that yet hoping they still teach it in private schools.
enjoyed the photos time with your sisters sounds wonderful Happy friday hugs

Annie said...

Lovely to see you've been spending some time with your sister. My Memory bears are one of the jobs I hope to keep making....it's the factory trousers I plan to stop doing [it's hard work for arthritic hands].
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun post, Lisca. Nice to see you spent more time with your sister and you got home safely. Nice jumper, but I don't think we call them that here in the states. Glad you got your pension taken care of. It looks like a well cared for establishment. And your sister's place is gorgeous.

Had to laugh at the mystery section. The tin man is a bit different than in the Wizard of Oz (grin).

Have a super weekend and coming week. I'll write you about your choice of TV as soon as I catch up on everyone.

Celtic house said...

The view at your sisters is lovely. The jumper looks great, glad you managed a more direct flight xxx