Tuesday 12 October 2021

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 12 October 2021 - T for cats, a broken up street and a laptop


Hello lovely ladies,

How are you all?

Today we join Elizabeth and Bluebeard at the T-Party. But first I'd like to show you a postcard I received last week from Japan:


La Bodiniere was a theatre in Paris.
The Théâtre La Bodinière was a theater in Paris directed by Charles Bodinier between 1890 and 1902. It staged lectures and performances for a distinguished audience of aristocrats, grand bourgeois and intelligentsia. 

The card is a poster announcing an exhibition of art by T.A. Steinlen.


The stamps are lovely. On the right are three sumo wrestlers. I have not been able to find anything about this stamp.

Then on the left is a duck. I think it is a mandarin duck.

But going back to the T.A. Steinlen:

Théophile Alexandre Steinlen (November 10, 1859 – December 13, 1923), was a Swiss-born French Art Nouveau painter and printmaker.

Mr Steinlen loved cats, that is clear. A lot of his work is around cats.
This is an image of the artist (with the cats).
On this poster advertising tea and chocolate, is his wife and daughter pictured with their cat.



This week has not been very exciting. Hubby went for his TAC scan and he will hear the result on the 21st, when we see the oncologist. Because he had to be nil-by-mouth for the scan, we went to have breakfast afterwards at the restaurant near the hospital:
The usual toast with tomatoes and olive oil, a glass of squeezed orange and a coffee. This is also my qualifier for the T-Party.

Oh hello! Here is our cat. She lives on the top terrace where we have a shed. She never comes inside the house, but we feed her and have taken her to the vet to be spayed when she was young. She has a wonderful life roaming around our property. Lots of roofs to climb over. 


A random photo from one of the bars we went into during our holiday.




We had some fun and games this week with the council workers digging up our street. They were looking for the cause of a leak. The digger is right in front of our front door!
Yes, that is our front door...

They have closed the hole since. Unfortunately they have not found what they wanted. So they will be digging further down the street.

The other morning (when we went to the hospital) we saw this strange low cloud formation. I suppose it happens often, but we never get up early so we miss these scenes.

The best bit of news I have is that we have bought a laptop! I am fed up with this old slow desktop PC. Our friends Kim and Andy came along to help set it up. It is a steep learning curve, as it is a Macbook, which is a different system to what we were used to. (although the iPad is a step in the right direction).

Here I am sitting on the settee with Andy, who has our new laptop on his, eh, lap. Tonight I have been busy getting all my photos sorted on there, but in the end I am writing this on my PC. Blogger doesn't seem to have any problem with this Macbook. Fingers crossed that i will be able to write next week's blog on the new machine.

That is it from me this week. 
And as we are talking about cats, here are three funnies about cats.



Have a lovely week,
Keep smiling,
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca









15 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, I really enjoyed this post. Loved knowing about the painter and his cats, great stamps too. Good luck with your new computer. I have always only worked on a desk top computer I really like it-but is what I know-great funnies too-Happy T wishes Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

what a wonderful cat inspired post! Love the postcards and funnies! That digging must have been so very noisy and dusty - whoa:(
I have a desktop(which I do love for its larger screen) which is showing its age as is my hubby's lap top so who knows where we'll go from there though friends and our son swear by the mac laptop. Good luck with it! Happy T day wishes.

Kate Yetter said...

I loved reading about Théophile Alexandre Steinlen. I have seen several of his popular paintings before. His style is lovely and I am looking into getting some books on his works.
What a mess to have that hole in front of your door, especially since they didn't find the problem.
Enjoy your new laptop. We decided to only buy laptops from now on as they are smaller and transportable. Much better than those bulky old desktops.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I loved reading about Steinlen. I recognized most of the pieces you showed, but I knew nothing about the artist. Thanks for sharing. I hope your husband's results come back with good positive news. That looks like quite the construction project going on out on your road. Hopefully they find the problem. And good luck with your laptop. I have a macbook and it is a learning curve. Wishing you good luck Lisca. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

I love cats, so I love this post!!! Wonderful! Mr Steinlen looked like my English professor at University, many decades ago. Your cat is such a beauty. Good luck with the new laptop.

nwilliams6 said...

Lisca, some great information and pictures today.

Super cool postcard and stamps.

Tomato and toast - I am tring it soon!

Cool picures of digging in your street - you and Valerie have that in common.

Congrats on the new computer.

Love all the kitty pictures!!!

Happy T-day. Hugz

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun post, Lisca! Love the postcard, I have an old Steinlen calendar with lots of his wonderful paintings, and I always love them. Love your outside kitty, too, glad you look after her. Your breakfast always sounds delicious, but mostly I just drink coffee. Hope your hubby's results are good! Glad you also had some digging in your street, it seems to be fashionable these days! Happy T Day and have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great postcards and stamps. And I enjoyed the funnies.

J said...

Lisa we saw some low loud last week at the bottom of the mountains, looks weird.
We usually have breakfast in the hospital cantina, good prices and very organised too
Hope your husbands results are good,
Oh the Spanish love to dig a hole, took them over two years to put back the sets on our pavements after a leak, ha,ha
Happy T Day
Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was just leaving Kathy a comment when I heard a “bang” and then my electricity went out. I stepped outside to see if it was just me, or everyone on the block. My next door neighbor was outside and he told me he had called the electric company and reported the outage. They said they would send someone out to check the problem. My electricity finally came back on at 11:17 this morning. It had been out since shortly before 5:00 p.m. last night, around 19 hours. My apologies if you thought I had forgotten or was ignoring you.

I am very familiar with Steinlen. I also love his cats. I think your cat is adorable, but I hope she is safe. My cats don't go outside, and Squiggles has never been out except in his cat carrier. I think it's too dangerous for any cat to be wandering around the neighborhood.

Had to laugh at your street. Between you and Valerie, at least yours was back together very quickly.

Nice breakfast. I love orange juice and should buy it more often. Thanks for sharing your adorable postcard, your stamps, the Steinlen images, the mountains, and your breakfast of OJ, coffee, and tomato toast with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Empire of the Cat said...

Well I loved your post of course, and all the cats. I know of Steinlen, I actually have a version of the one with the three cats looking up at the girl. I can see it right now on my wall. It was made into an advertising poster for milk I think. I will take a photo of it and show you next time. I also love your rooftop kitty and the cat funnies but not so much them digging up so close to your house! Hope they find the source soon! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I loved all the cats in this post. Your cat is gorgeous. Calicos are very lucky. Ugh, digging up the road. I hope they find the problem soon. I think those types of clouds are called tule clouds or tule fog. Sometimes happens in my area as we are in a valley. Have fun with your new toy! Happy T Day

DVArtist said...

Wow that is some digging they are doing right in your front door. Nice to get a new Lap Top. Have a nice day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love Steinen cats. The stamps are fabulous too. I hope hubby gets some good news when his results come through. Breakfast looks good. We used to see those kind of clouds on the crag sometimes when we had our caravan. Love the funnies - the cartoon especially. As you can see I am also late. I don't get to post on Tuesdays till quite late sometimes and we have been out for the last two Wednesdays with my eldest Grandson. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Lisca, love your post. I do hope you can learn your new laptop and post from it next week. I am going for a new laptop and maybe next week will post from it. This one only gets on the internet when "it" wants to, not when I went to. That is why I didn't post last week and why I am so late commenting. Good luck to both of us! LOL Happy t day! Oh, I love that Chocolate and tea poster.