Friday 22 January 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 22 January 2021 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, Howe are you all? 

Today I look back on what made me smile this week. It's not all doom and gloom and in particular the people in the United States will be feeling a bit more positive now they have a new president. 

We have had a good week, where we have been able to spend time with friends. Although not hugging or even touching each other and keeping our physical distance is something I haven't got used to yet (and probably never will).

Another highlight was some more postcards in my postbox. I want to show you this one:


It comes from Finland and it shows the Petäjävesi Old Church. It is a wooden church located in PetäjävesiFinland. It was built between 1763 and 1765, when Tavastia was still a part of Sweden. The bell tower was built in 1821. It was inscribed in 1994 on the UNESCO World Heritage List.

Here is a photo of it from Wikipedia:

The church is located about 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) to the west of the centre of Petäjävesi. It went out of use in 1879 when a new church was built. The old church has retained its original appearance and its interior decoration exceptionally well. It is a popular church for weddings in the summer, and there is a church service on most Sundays.


The interior is amazing.


The postcard had a beautiful stamp on it. Finnish stamps are always very beautiful. This one shows Siringa vulgaris, or common lilac to you and me.


Friday was a busy day for me, and I also managed to make a layered cake with thin layers of sponge and patisserie creme in between. It turned out very lovely. 
Our friends invited us for a meal and before going home we took a picture.(And oops, we touched each other!)

On Sunday I accompanied hubbie to our plot of land. The weather was so gorgeous. Our house is behind my head on the bottom photo, so you see it is not far really.
On Monday morning hubby had to have blood tests done and as he had to be nil-by-mouth, we went to have breakfast afterwards.
On Tuesday we were given some salad onion plants to plant. Way too many for us and we asked around who else would like some.
Hubby planted 60 salad onion plants.
Then yesterday our other friends came to collect the plants and stayed for lunch.
That was my week. Quite eventful really, and the weather has been nice too. All in all a good week.
What has your week been like? Do join us and share your smiles at Annie's: A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

As always I am sharing some funnies I found on the Internet. (Only one last Trump joke). 
The very last one is especially for Kate. And some doggie funnies for Angela (and even a steam punk one).

Wishing everyone a very fine weekend and 
Keep Smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca

One of the funnies mentions ASDA. For those not familiar with the name: ASDA is the British Walmart.


























And this last one is for Kate:











7 comments:

Celtic house said...

Oh you have had a far more eventful week than me, your cake looks lovely, glad you got the wood moved quickly it is always lovely to see it replenished. I'm most envious of meeting up with friends, I haven't seen my mum since Christmas day and haven't been for a coffee with her in almost a year. Have a lovely weekend and week ahead

Hugs

DVArtist said...

My week was busy as well. However, not with friends. You had a great week and that layer cake Oh my. That is a lot of onions. We took a drive about 60 mile south of our town. It was like a summer day, quite unusual for this time of year. We did some shopping then over to a lovely part for a picnic. I will be showing photos this weekend. We got a new president and that day was spent glued to the TV watching the event. I was very emotional and cried with happiness many times that day. BTW that is an amazing card and the church so beautiful.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi, I'm trying to get round a bit earlier today as the dogs need a good brushing and once I start that it could be a days job! The church photo is lovely and the inside amazing. I always love looking at churches they are so interesting. Looks like you've had a busy week. The funnies are really good this week and the sour grapes one is perfect and the social distancing outfit is brilliant though I'm not sure how it would look after walking the dogs in the park! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Annie said...

You've had a busy week my friend. I enjoyed my catch up. Love the funnies as always too. Take care and stay safe and well.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

You have had a busy week. There will be lots of onions in your meals soon. I made a cauliflower Mac'n cheese this week too.
We are still confined to our little village which gives us little scope to do anything really, but the days are still flying by.
I loved the little wooden church on your postcard. I'd love to be inside to see what the acoustics are like during a service.
Lots of funnies to keep us smiling. The purple dress is amazing. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have had a really busy week, and yet, I'm the one running far behind. I love that postcard. That's a beautiful church.

I always love seeing your daily schedule and that bread looks wonderful. Lots and lots of onion plants. An I was shocked how they just dumped the firewood. That was a lot of work to have to pick that up.

Loved the funnies. I especially like the guy going out for groceries. Sorry I was late visiting. Have a super weekend, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, the interior of the church is amazing indeed!
Wonderful you met up with friends and had some yum, too.
And the curry, hmmm.
Isa. Funny. My Niece called me that when she was very young. Everything had to end on "a", Mama, Papa, Isa.
Not into sweets much but I´d sure like to taste that Coconut chai cake!

Ewww. Trump wine. Nooo.... Sour, true.
Good wishes for 2021.
I want that dress! Really, the only good thing is distance at the shops!

Distance-hugs from Germany :-)