Friday 2 October 2020

Second on the 2nd -2 October 2020: An old blog post from 2015

 Hello lovely peeps,

On the 2nd of the month Elizabeth and Bluebeard organize Second on the 2nd, which features a published blog post for the second time.

Today I am sharing a post from 30 September 2015:

Good Morning Good Tuesday!


And welcome to the T for Tuesday people. It’s T for Walnuts here in Spain. We’re going nuts here. Last week we went away for a few days to a camp site nearby and on one of our walks we saw many walnut trees, dropping their harvest.





We picked many and came home with a bag full!
I love walnuts in cakes and muffins (coffee and walnut...yummmm).

Now I have to show you something drink related...
This is at my friends' house. When we come she always makes a special little pot of tea for my husband who is British. Out comes the 'teapot-sitting-on-a-cup' and the box of English tea. Isn't that kind! The rest of us drink ordinary herbal stuff, like this:

I think this is called 'Hierba Louisa'. It's usually freshly picked.

I also have a drink related postcard:
I don't need to tell you where this one is from. It's from Finland and it was one of the first cards I received when I joined Postcrossing. It makes me thirsty just to look at it. (But not for beer! Certainly not in the morning!).

I'll go and put the kettle on and make myself a brew.
Have a great Tuesday all of you!

Blessings

Lisca

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, I enjoyed this second look-and I love fresh walnuts I hope to try making that walnut ink from the dried walnuts I collected last year.
Happy Second on the 2nd

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing all the walnuts. Growing up we had a walnut tree right behind our house, and I miss it now that I know what they are. Glad to see this post again-happy weekend Lisca. Hugs-Erika

Darla said...

I missed this the first time around but quite enjoyed it this time. I like walnuts a lot - especially if someone else cracks then so I get unspoiled walnut halves. DH is pretty good at that.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous post, Lisca. Sorry I'm late visiting. I truly LOVED revisiting this post and still love seeing the walnuts, which surprised me that is how they grew. Thank you beyond belief for the lovely addition of your second look on the 2nd, dear.

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice post with lovely walnuts. There's walnut tree growing at the Rhine, and I've often picked some up there, and the crows love them, and always manage to crack the shells, they are clever. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

My SIL enjoys the walnuts from here tree! Coffee and walnut cake is one of my favourites! Hugs, Chrisx