Tuesday 16 June 2020

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 16 June 2020 - T for lots of food and an eagle

Hello lovely ladies,
How are you all? Doesn't time fly! The week has gone by so fast and again we have arrived at Tuesday. And Tuesday means: T-Party! Let's join Elizabeth and Bluebeard with a nice beverage. 
I have got a beverage plus a lot of food.

Starting with my first postcard there is food. This card comes from India and was sent to me by Han-Su. The meal is called Daal-baati-churma. On the back of the card is some info on this dish: Baati is a hard unleavened bread cooked in the desert area of Rajastan, in Ultar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. It is prized for its long shelf life and high nutritional content. It is traditionally prepared by coarsely mashing baati and pouring ghee on top of it. It is served with dahl (lentils) and spicey garlic chutney, or with besan (gram flour). It is commonly served at all festivities, including religious occasions, wedding ceremonies, and birthday parties in Rajastan.
Churma is basically a sweet side dish, eaten with daal-baati and is made sweet by adding sugar or jaggery to it. To make it tastier and healthier, ghee is added to it. Additional ingredients could be dried fruits and nuts like cashews, pistachio, almonds and raisins.

 It sounds very nice. (I do love Indian food). 
The stamps are spectacular. Again on the theme of food. The stamp on the left shows Pongal. Pongal or Huggi is a popular South Indian rice dish. In Tamil "pongal" means "bubbling up". In Telugu and Kannada Pongali is a dish of rice mixed with boiled milk and sugar.
 The food on the right is Malpua: Malpua is a pancake served as a dessert or a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular in India, Nepal and Bangladesh. Here is an image I found on the Internet:

My second card comes from Russia. Sent to me by Anya. She lives in Izhevsk (population 700,000), the capital of the Udmurt Republic, which is located to the west of the Ural mountains.

The information on the card was in Russian, which I don't understand. (But I do have Google Translate app on my phone which reads Russian. I have to use the phone's camera and it will read it. Very clever!). The info reads: V.A.Vatagin, Kamchatka eagle, oil on plywood.

These are the stamps. You can tell by the date stamp that this card has been a long time traveling. With the Corona restrictions, very little mail has come through. Now that the restrictions are a bit more relaxed, cards start coming in.

Enough about cards. Back to the food! For the first time in months, we have been out for a meal with our best friends. On the photo you see what we call the Paseo, and on the left you see a small restaurant/bar with lots of seating outside. That's where we went as it is just two blocks away from our house.

 We went on Friday evening, and that happened to be a blustery cold evening. Luckily we found seating inside. Of course they were only allowed very few tables inside, so we were lucky.
The first tapa was baked potatoes with aioli (not visible). My drink (on the right) was Bitter Kas, a sort of Campari soda. 

 They have a traditional pizza oven, so we ordered pizza. Thin and crispy, just like we like it.
I just have to show you this desert: it is their famous tarta de whiskey. The bottom layer is ice cream, the yellow layer tasted like it had egg yolks in it. I don't know which part contains the whiskey, but the owner came round with a bottle of whisky and poured a generous glug over each tarta.
Last but not least, I have been to the hair dresser! Oh joy of joys! I think for most women this would have been the worst part of the lockdown. But hey, she managed to fit me in and I have a super short hairdo.
 This is Isa, my hairdresser sweeping up some locks (obviously not mine).
 Now for my drink: I had to talk to my dentist about something, and hubby had to go into town as well to get a particular tool. So he drove me and dropped me off. 
 I didn't take long, so I stopped at the bar next door for a coffee, while waiting for hubby. As you can see in the above photo the dentist sign that says Clinica Dental Baza. But the coffee is not very clear. So here is my coffee below. I drink what we call café cortado (espresso with a tiny dash of milk).

That is it from me for today.
I wish you all a very happy T-Day,
Blessings,
Lisca

16 comments:

  1. What fascinating post cards! The Indian food you talked about reinforces my belief that the Indian restaurants in the US are far less interesting than the food in India.

    Be well...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super postcards and stamps! I do make some Indian food (the vegetarian ones)- the spices are amazing aren't they..but I do keep the heat to a minimum as we are not used to such intensity:):) You look great with your new haircut!! Been trimming my own and hoping to get a proper layering cut soon. So nice that many of us are at least able to start getting out again. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your postcards. I couldn't believe you have an app on your phone that reads Russian. It seems there's an app for everything these days. I really like the Russian stamps. I've had Moroccan food, but never Indian food, although I have had a few curry dishes prepared by a friend. I like Moroccan food because the herbs are what I'm sure Indians would call bland.

    Your haircut looks good. I'm going to do my own soon because Scott has clippers he'll loan me. It helps when a professional does it.

    I'm like you. I LOVE thin crust pizza. It's the first pizza I ever tasted and that thick bread dough crust just isn't pizza in my opinion. Yours looks wonderful, even with meat. The dessert looks a bit like flan with ice cream on the bottom. And your espresso sounds so much better than Bitter Kas. I'll join you for that. Thanks for the wonderful food, Bitter Kas, and espresso for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the food-card is mouth watering!
    As is your pizza! We have Italians here, also with a pizza oven but they make it thick as most Germans prefer it like that. Next time I´ll ask for a real pizza!
    Your last pic made me hold my breath! Help! I can literally see the cup making a loud dash to the floor!! ;-)
    A happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week - beautiful postcards, good food eaten out, even whiskey cake, yummy, and a coffee outside. Your hair looks great, too. i have long hair, but the ends need trimming. Enjoy your week, sty safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca, you are looking very neat with your new hairdo! mine is needing a cut but I can't bring myself to go yet, my colour is also growing out so I'm looking darker haired by the day as I keep cutting my fringe.
    I love Indian food too, we have a lovely restaurant across the road, the postcards are great and the food all looks tasty.
    Don't you just love the Spanish pouring liquor over the pudding, we've had Tarta de Whiskey before, it's delicious.
    Have a good T day Lisca
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for being able to go back outside and out to eat again. That is really interesting about your whiskey tarta. I am always amazed how pouring things like whiskey or fruit syrup doesn't make the cake soggy. I bet it was yummy.And hurrah for haircuts too. I am off to get mine today. HAve a wonderful T day Lisca. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super post and I am wishing our hairdressers were open again, it must have been a treat to get your hair cut.
    Its good that you can go to a restaurant as well.
    The dessert cake looked delicios.
    Happy T day wiushes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interestiing post, Lisca. How nice to be to have a dinner out with friends.

    Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A meal out! Nice! I'm a long way from doing that, but I'll join you in spirit :) The pizza looks delicious :) I've bought a hair trimmer and may never go to the hair salon again ;) I see we're both posting espresso today. Sweet! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisca, I enjoyed your postcards-loved the Russian one and the stamps. I don't think I have ever had Indian food-it may be too spicy for me.
    So glad you were able to go with friends to a restaurant and your pizzas looks delicious. I still haven't gotten my hair trimmed, I don't know any one here at the lake so need to search that out soon.
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so hungry after visiting you today ...lol 😉. The postcards and your cooking looks so delicious! Your hair looks beautiful, that's a lovely photo of you. We are still awaiting to see when hairdressers open here 😁. Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful postcards and stamps, as always. It's good that restaurants are allowed to have inside dining there. Here in Connecticut, I just read a news article about many of the restaurants here aren't sure if they'll be able to remain open, due to the economic impact of covid-19. Your food looked delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's always fun to visit you, see the latest postcards and stamps, and hear what you've been up to! Yay for a meal with friends. We've had take-out, but no Dine-in so far. Your haircut looks fabulous...I need one very badly! Hmm, that dessert looks awfully good! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting out and about is a novel expereince these days. Mini-me and I went to the fabric store yesterday for a couple supplies. We have not dined in anywhere but in reality, we didn't do that often anyway. We tend to do takeout.
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post! The Indian food on the postcard and stamps looks delicious. A meal with friends sounds really wonderful - the pizza looks goooood! I have been hacking at my own hair, following the layers that my hairdresser put in and hubby took a bit off the length! We saw someone we hadn't seen for a while and they were shocked that I visited a hairdresser!! I have an appointment with my hairdresser at the end of July so hope it lasts till then! Yours looks great and what a treat!! I am very jealous of being able to sit and enjoy a coffee - it looks very like a cafe noisette that I like to drink in France! Have a good week! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete