Tuesday 4 June 2019

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 4 June 2019 - T for postcrossing, blooms and ice cream

 Hello lovely girls,

Here we are again on Tuesday, ready to join the T-Party hosted by Elisabeth and Bleubeard. All we need is a beverage somewhere in our blog.

I have a beverage, but first, let me show you my postcards. The first one is very special. It is a postcard of the Postcrossing meeting in Macleay Island, Queensland, Australia. Postcrossing (sending postcards to people all over the world) is done by 765765 people in 215 countries in the world. It is an online community, but sometimes it is nice to meet up. Local groups organise the meet-ups and this one was organized by Bridget Larsen, an online friend of mine who lives in Australia. I know Bridget through crafting blogs like WOYWW. 
She thought of me and sent me this card. It is signed by the people that attended the meeting and of course it has a beautiful stamp. 
 Thanks Bridget, for the lovely card and stamp. Your island looks idyllic. 

The next card comes from Germany. It was sent to me by Gisa, who has graduated in Social Work but is working as an au-pair this summer. 
The card is a quote by Hermann Scherer, who is a motivational speaker and runs seminars and lectures all over the world.

Substitute every heart with the letter E, you get: Lieben ist ein Verb! Und die Liebe ist das Ergebnis des Liebens des Tuns. This translates into something like:
To love is a verb! And love is the result of the love of doing.
The stamp is great. A little bit of history there. It features the cathedral of Worms and celebrates its 1000 year anniversary. Wikipedia writes about Worms: Is situated on the Upper Rhine about 60 kilometres (40 miles) south-southwest of Frankfurt-am-Main. It had approximately 82,000 inhabitants as of 2015.
A pre-Roman foundation, Worms was the capital of the Kingdom of the Burgundians in the early 5th century and hence the scene of the medieval legends referring to this period, notably the first part of the Nibelungenlied. Worms has been a Roman Catholic bishopric since at least 614, and was an important palatinate of CharlemagneWorms Cathedral is one of the Imperial Cathedrals and among the finest examples of Romanesque architecture in Germany. Worms prospered in the High Middle Ages as an Imperial Free City. Among more than a hundred Imperial Diets held at Worms, the Diet of 1521 (commonly known as the Diet of Worms) ended with the Edict of Worms in which Martin Luther was declared a heretic. Today, the city is an industrial centre and is famed as the origin of Liebfraumilch wine. Other industries include chemicals, metal goods and fodder.
I received another Pocket Letter. This time from Finland. The theme was 'In Bloom'.
 Isn't it beautiful? My swap partner was Aino in Finland. She has added some lovely stylish goodies in the back pockets and a hand written letter.
 The whole Pocket Letter was folded and wrapped in this gorgeous hand-made paper, which had dried flowers incorporated in it. 
Now a little bit about our trip to Italy. I told you last week that the weather was awful. It rained for two weeks. But one afternoon, it didn't rain so much, so my friend offered to take us to San Vito Chietino, on the Adriatic coast, not far from where we were staying. San Vito is famous for its Trabucco (plural: trabocchi).
This is the village seen from the pier:


Wikipedia says about San Vito:
The town is home to the "La Costa dei Trabocchi". Trabocchi are giant wooden platforms built since 1400, in the middle of the sea. They can be seen from the town of Ortona to Fossacesia. For local fishermen this was one of the methods to fish an abundant catch for the residents.

Here is a trabucco:


We walked along the pier to the old trabucco, which is now a restaurant. (Only fish, and only by appointment)

Here are hubby and I posing while we eat an ice cream.



The ice cream was bought in the coffee shop, but I'll come to that later. We walked back along the beach to the coffee shop. 
They were getting the beach ready for the season, but with this sort of weather there was nobody about.



We went to have coffee shop/Ice cream parlour called Copa de Dora. This was meant to be my beverage entry but I was so impressed with the pastries, that i forgot to take a picture of the coffee. Just look at this:

 As if that wasn't enough, hubby wanted to try the ice cream:
 It was locally made ice cream with only natural ingredients and real fruit, just like we like it.
 Enjoy!
I took pictures at the cafe especially for T for Tueday, but I forgot to photograph the coffee! Silly me! So I have dug up this (old)photo of me and hubby at a fish restaurant. Hubby doesn't like fish so he ordered a hamburger! He is drinking beer and I have a lovely dry white wine.

That is it my lovelies. A very happy T-Day.
Hugs,
Lisca


11 comments:

  1. To add to the story of how I got to know you. I met you through WOYWW and kept seeing all these postcards you posted so I got curious and clicked on Postcrossing and now I am hooked. So you will always be special to me when it comes to Postcrossing

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my- wonderful postcards, and what a beautiful pocket letter-wow! Fabulous Italy photos- of course the desserts are to die for, and the photo of San Vito- breathtaking!! Hubby especially looks like he quite enjoyed the food on vacation;) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your postcards and stamps-and what a lovely pocket letter!! I am not familiar with those. Your dessert photos would have my hubs wanting a piece for sure-they look beautiful. Glad you were able to enjoy a day on the beach with no rain. Happy T Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying your trip to Italy. Rain or sun, it looks like you had some good food and saw some interesting scenery. I am you had a day out without rain and are sharing these with us. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you and Bridget have connected at WOYWW, Postcrossing, and T Stands For Tuesday. That's wonderful.

    You always get wonderful postcards, Lisca. They are so fun to read and learn about. Even the postage stamps are fun to see.

    I like your pocket letter. This latest one is wonderful and feels so dainty and vintage. I also enjoyed the photos of San Vito, too. I admit, it DID look cold there.

    Those pastries were mouth watering. I would LOVE to have one, but I know that isn't going to happen. However, I can understand why you forgot to share the drink when you had those in your view. Nice save, too! Thanks for sharing your postcards, the pocket letter, and your trip to San Vito, as well as your wine and beer from another time for T this Tuesday. So glad you and Bridget connected, too.

    BTW, do you want to be part of the ATC swap on July 16?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed Italy, you saw some wonderful places even though the weather was not good. And you got some fantastic postcards. Great to here that there was a meet up for the post crossers, too. Love the pocket letter, too. But I am trying not to look at the pastries and delicious ices and food - it's too early in the day to get started! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful postcards and stamps. The pocket letter is beautiful. Great assortment of photos. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pocket letter looks lovey and how thoughtful your friend was to add goodies in the back of the pockets.
    The postcards looked great as well.
    Those pastries looked delicious, i don't think i could have refused one either.
    Happy T day wishes Lisca.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a a fun post, Lisca. Lovely postcards. Pocket mail is new to me. The pages look like Pocket Life scrapbook inserts. What a clever idea to swap them. Your's contains a lot of fun pretty things to play with. Beautiful hand made paper too.

    Your dessert and ice cream look delicious!!

    Happy T-day. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pocket letters sound intriguing, as does the postcrossing. Even in the rain it sounds wonderful to be in Italy. I'm glad you had a day when it was easier to get out and about. Such delightful treats! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i should not read these blogposts at bedtime;) now my mouth is watering after your pastries... no wonder you forgot to photograph the coffee;)

    ReplyDelete