Friday 1 February 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 1 February 2019 - Friday Smiles



Good morning lovely ladies! How are you? I am here again to share my smiles for this week and a few postcards plus, as per usual, a few funnies at the end.

My first postcard comes from the Netherlands. It was sent to me by Igor, who comes from the Ukraine but is living in the Netherlands at the moment. He commented how surprised he was that the Dutch don't draw their curtains in the evening, so that one can see inside each living room.
The card pictures Nijmegen, a town I am not very familiar with. It is in the east of the Netherlands and I am ashamed to say I have never been there. The church on the photo is the st Stevens church.


The next card comes from Italy, sent to me by Renato, a retired gentleman from Torino. The card represents the sleeve of a book about a part of Torino.

The stamp is a Christmas stamp. 'Buon Natale' means 'Happy Christmas' in Italian.
What have I been up to this week? I tried to make my own pizza dough. The result was an odd shaped pizza but it tasted just as I like it: thin and crispy. The dough was enough for two pizzas, so I left the dough in the fridge and two days later we had another pizza. 
Just to stay in the theme of pizza: I made a scrapbook lay-out this week. (I try to do one a week). These photos are taken at a 'pizza party' at friends of ours here in Spain. They have a pizza oven in the garden and we all made our own pizza. Great fun.
 The hightlight this week for me (and many many smiles) was the arrival of our new fridge. The courier brought it to our door, so hubby and I gently lowered it down the stairs to our flat and then up 7 steps again into the kitchen. It was not too difficult as we left it in the box.
 The big reveal!

 It is a combi. Before I had a fridge with a freezer compartment on top. That was getting too small and my big freezer is downstairs (56 steps down and back up again should I need anything). 
 But as the fridge is at the end of the kitchen, I needed the door to open to the other side. Here is hubby tackling the job.
And here we are.What a luxury! I feel like a child with a new toy! 
Now let's link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time to see what smiles she has for us and with Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday to see what she has been up to.

Have a lovely weekend all of you. Stay safe those of you who are suffering snow and ice.
Here are some funnies to make you smile.

Hugs,
Lisca






9 comments:

  1. Love the new fridge freezer....something we are going to buy soon but the new drive took the funds this month! Yours is just like the one we have seen but I think ours will have a slighty bigger freezer [more 50;50]. I love your funnies as always.
    You asked about my Memory bears....I have made several for long distance folk via post. They just send me the items of clothing and we discuss what they want where via Facebook messenger and I post back the completed bear [they pay the postage obviously]. I have bears all over the world now :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice new fridge Lisca. It looks great in the kitchen photo. And your pizza looks good too. I bet in another pizza or two it will be more pizza shaped but it's really about how it tastes. Right? happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have the new fridge installed. It looks very like mine which was new when the kitchen was overhauled last year. That had to be changed to open the other way too. I am very pleased with mine so I hope you are with yours too.
    I am glad you enjoyed your pizza. The shape doesn't matter if the taste is right.
    You are probably getting more of the harsh weather than we are. Stay safe and warm. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisca, I wish we had space for a bigger fridge freezer as so much stuff these days seems to need to be kept in it. When I was a child my grandmother didn't even have a fridge or freezer until I was in my teens and they managed fine though I think she went shopping more often for fresh food and I believe there was less waste too. Still things have changed since then, some for the better. Have a great weekend, hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon hun, loving the postcards that you received, so lovely to have happy mail.

    I love your new fridge and glad hubby managed to sort the door issue for you, I'm assuming it has more than ample space for what you need and looks super efficient etc.

    The pizza looks delicious too I made some recently but used a tortilla wrap as a base (as I didn't have time to make the dough), it was very crispy!

    I hope you have a fabulous week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca, the little scissors are really good. They have a little spring between the handles which makes them much easier to use than you might think and they are very sharp and pointed so good for fussy cutting. You might be right about the paw marks on the plate but I would have expected them to be white as the name is L'Ours Blanc but maybe they thought they would show up better on the plate if they were brown. The evening meals are set but to be honest there is little difference between those and the a la carte and if you want to change the set meal they are happy for you to do that but never have as the food is just always so good. Happy crafty weekend my friend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my those funnies has me in stitches especially the door one. Have a super week Lisca playing with your new fridge freezer
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm running so far behind right now, I don't know what I'm doing. Two great postcards this time and I like the Christmas postage stamp.

    I'm a thin crust lover, too. I don't like a thick, bread crust, so I would LOVE your pizza, regardless of the shape After all, it tastes the same. And that's a lovely scrapbook page. I really like the background you created, too.

    I was laughing at the dog funny. Even better than the ones I had! LOVE them all and was smiling all the way.

    I'm off to read your Second on the 2nd post, now (FINALLY!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking new refrigerator. And I laughed at the signs at the end of your post. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete