Friday 13 July 2018

A Postcard A Day - Friday 13 July 2018 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely peeps,

Today I want to share my smiles of this week, and there have been many. 

First of all, one of the postcards I received this week is this one from Germany:
It features the traditional costume of Schwarzwald (Black Forest). It was sent to me by Isabell who lives there. I think those hats are wonderful and so very colourful. They made me smile.


The next card is one I sent myself. I love the colour combination on the wings of this butterfly. As I have already sent the card I can't give you the name of the butterfly.

I had many other smiles when my sister and her hubby visited for a few days. They normally divide their time between the UK (Cheshire) and Spain (Costa del Sol) as they have two properties. They are in Spain until it gets too hot and too busy with tourists. So before they leave next week, they came down here, which is a three hour car journey.

They hadn't seen the new ground floor flat yet and of course they were impressed how cool it was.

We played with their selfie stick just behind our house:

I took many more photos but I don't know how to get them from my phone to my computer. (These two were on Facebook)
We also went to the lake, which in reality is turquoise. (I'm second from the left)

And I'd like to end with some funnies. These are all signs on a shop.
 Apparently this place really exists in Canada and the name is really Sorry. 








I hope this put a smile on your face.

Have a lovely weekend and take care,
Lisca






8 comments:

  1. I saw your photos on Facebook and must say that you and your sister are like two peas in a pod ....aren’t you alike. Your funnies really got me chuckling this morning...thanks for sharing them.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the funnies definitely had me smiling. I loved the Donut one!

    Your postcards are lovely, it must be great to get such happy post!

    I hope you have a great weekend and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely postcards, the hats are fun but not sure how heavy they must be. The funnies are great and made me smile lots. It's lovely to see your sister visiting, bet you had a great time. I send my photographs from my phone as an email then save it to a file before putting it on my blog, don't know if that helps. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your photo on Facebook, I thought how alike you and your sister are. The way certain features crop up throughout a family, always fascinates me. I am glad you had a nice time together.
    I laughed at some of your signs. You must spend ages searching for them.
    If you have a spare USB port on your computer, it is very easy to transfer photos from a phone using the charging cable. pm me if you want to know more. (Most of my photos come from my phone now as my camera is dying!
    Love the hats on your German post card.
    Have a good week and make the most of your cool flat or you might melt! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really smiley post, Lisca. Well, I found myself smiling at all your photos without exception. The butterfly is beautiful - the 'eyes' on it's wings are impressive. It looks very hot and dry where you are but the turquoise waters of the lake are beautiful. Enjoyed all your funnies - especially the one with the cones! Have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca, just a quick return as you asked about the Ninja thing. In several parts of the UK people are making small items of art and hiding them for people to find and hopefully make them smile a little. Here in Lincoln they have named themselves The Lincoln Art Ninjas and it's becoming quite a big thing with lots of people getting involved. I have to say it is rather nice when you are out walking and just happen on some little item. You can then keep them or re-hide them. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post was full of smiles and funnies-I loved it all!!
    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how very late I am visiting, but I'm trying to catch up today, even though I still have chills and a morbid cough.

    I LOVED the funnies. All had me smiling.

    ReplyDelete