Tuesday 20 February 2018

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - T for another royal wedding, tapas and hello kitty

Good morning lovely peeps,
It's great to see you here. I really appreciate your visits. I hope you will like what I have to share today.

Remember last week I received a vintage postcard of a Dutch royal wedding many years ago. It was queen Juliana (then princess)'s wedding to prince Bernhard. 



Well, this week I received another card (from a different person) of another Dutch royal wedding!




It was the wedding of queen Juliana's grandson Willem Alexander to Máxima. Juliana was queen when I was a child. I also remember Beatrix succeeding her in 1980. And of course as recent as 2013 her son Willem Alexander became king. 
But this royal wedding was in February 2002 (yes, they have just celebrated their wedding anniversary).

This was the stamp on the card. It shows a waste water treatment plant in Kingaroy, Australia, that uses a new technology developed by the Dutch. This is the info I found on it. "Nereda is the wastewater treatment technology that purifies water using the unique features of aerobic granular biomass.
Nereda is sustainable and cost-effective: it requires a quarter of the area of conventional activated sludge installations and the process can reduce up to 50% on energy-costs. The award-winning technology was invented by the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands and developed in a unique public-private partnership between the University, the Dutch Foundation for Applied Water Research (STOWA), the Dutch Water Authorities and Royal HaskoningDHV."  Interesting.
There is a T-party going on over at Elizabeth and Bluebeards's. Come and join us with a blog post that has a drink in it. I just want to say to Bluebeard that (our cat) Precious says hello:

Our best friends are called David and Patricia. At least once a month we go out for a drink and something to eat. Usually we go to a restaurant called the Venta del Sol. I didn't photograph the menu (like Elizabeth always does) because I couldn't find it. Locally we just ask what they have to offer, or if you fancy something in particular, like whole squid, you ask: do you do whole squid? 
We started with drinks. And with every round of drinks comes a free tapa. 

In this case, the tapas were the baked potatoes with garlic mayonnaise, which we had nearly completely devoured before I remembered to take a picture.
The tapa that came with our second drink was fish. A few fried sardines with some olives. Very nice.


My drink again was a glass of red wine:


After all that we were not hungry enough to order a full platter of stuff. So we had our favorite: Filled toasted ciabatta:
Here I am tucking in. The ciabatta was filled with Serano ham and Manchego cheese. Yum!
What else can I show you. 
Ah, here is our friend Alfredo. He is a good friend from church. When we found out he was a builder, we employed him to build the foundatons and the basic structure of our house. (Hubby built the rest). Alfredo has stables and 28 horses. He organises riding holidays as he also has accomodation in the form of holiday cabins. His favorite horse is this white horse. On festive days he dresses in traditional Andalucian dress and rides. Isn't he handsome! 
To finish off, I would like to show you a photo a friend of mine took. It is to show you where we live. It is basically 'badlands', but I find it strangely beautiful. The reservoir you can see in the photo is (on a sunny day) turquoise.
Fortunately we don't get many cloudy days like that.

That is it from me today.
I wish you all a wonderful T-Day,
Hugs and blessings,
Lisca

18 comments:

  1. I loved your post-interesting things about the Netherlands,loved the postcard-the food looks amazingly delicious. I will take a glass of wine please-your friend is quite handsome on his horse.
    Loved this last photo too of your Badlands.
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those wedding portraits-and that gown on the second one-wow!! OK, I really need to visit Spain for some wonderful tapas like yours, and of course I want to go for a horseback ride led by this fine looking guide:) Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to say- hello to Precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems I learn more and more about the Netherlands every time we share T Tuesday. Lovely postcard and wonderful information.

    I showed Precious to Bleubeard and he was quite impressed. Unfortunately, he still refuses to allow me to take his photo now that he is graying (OK, even more than he was before).

    I am always impressed with your meals. Tapas aren't served here, and you don't get anything free with drinks. So you are lucky to get those. I would have loved the olives and everyone else can have the rest. So glad you shared these and the incredible area you live in with us for T this Tuesday. And thank Precious for spending T with us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post. love the postcards, but the lovely food is really getting me - ciabatta and baked potatoes - yummy! Precious is a gorgeous cat, give her a hug from me. And to crown it all, Alfredo on his beautiful horse - wow! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is too early to have lunch now, but you really got my mouth watering with all These Tapas and the filled Ciabatta! i wish we had this Tapas Habit here, too - the Little somethings of versatile dish. god, i feel hungry now. may i eat and send you the calories *g*?
    happy t-day, lisca!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedding photo post cards look lovely, and the wedding dress in the second one is gorgeous, like one you could imagine from a fairy tale.
    Those tapas looked delicious and I can imagine them to be so tempting especially as they come with drinks you ordered. I have to say that your cheese ciabatta would get my juices going as well.
    Happy T day wishes Lisca.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- that meal looks delicious. I love a nice sandwich and is that Spanish ham I see in it? Yum. And your friend is quite handsome, and exotic in my world with his hat on his horse. :) I also love seeing those postcards. Now didn't the Queen "retire" so her son could take over? We don't hear too much about the Dutch royalty here in the US but it is fascinating none the less. Happy T day Lisca. Hug-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is some train on Maxima's dress. The lace is just beautiful. Oh, Precious (love the name!) is so cute. The toasted ciabatta is making me very hungry. I haven't had breakfast yet. Alfredo and his horse make a very handsome pair, indeed. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a marvelous post! There is so much to see today with that amazing wedding dress and veil on the postcard, Precious who looks adorable, you enjoying that delicious looking meal, your handsome friend on his beautiful white horse, and of course the stunning view - perfect 😁. Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I want ciabatta! That looks delicious. The man in his traditional clothes and that horse are striking. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful place to live with all that gorgeous good and good looking man too

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place that you live! Beautiful postcards with a interesting history. I loved seeing the pictures of your dining out experience. I have never had tapas but that and the ciabatta bread has my mouth watering.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun to see a photo of you! And I loved that your cat said "hi" to Bluebeard! So fun! Love all the interesting information and history about your postcards. And, yes, I thought your friend quite handsome! :) Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great and varied post Lisca! I love seeing the photo of you! And the postcards of the royal weddings were fabulous. Your friend certainly is handsome all dressed up and astride his beautiful white horse.. That ciabatta looks yummy!! I love that bread.. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun post, Lisca.

    I recall Máxima's dress from the 2002 royal wedding. The photo is very striking with the train spread perfectly around her like that.

    Awww ... Precious - you named her well. She's a very pretty cat.

    Tapas are fun, your ciabatta looks delicious and I LOVE your sweater!

    Alfredo is muy guapo indeed.

    I think almost every terrain has it's own type of beauty and your "badlands" look beautiful to me too.

    Happy T-day! Eileen XOX

    P.S. Chris' Christmas card from me in Mexico just arrived in England 3 days ago. There's hope yet! From your post crossing experience, is this normal for international mail?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful cat! Your Tapas and Ciabatta look delicious! How strange to call somewhere so beautiful 'Badlands'! I have to wait until next week for my blood results!! Belated Happy T Day - things became busier than I expected yesterday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete