Friday 15 December 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 15 Dec 2017 - Friday Smiles

Hello smiley ladies,


I'm sorry I have been AWOL the last two Fridays. I have been ill and I suppose I didn't have much to smile about. I'm better now, taking it easy. Forcing myself to take it easy, that is easier said than done.


The glazier came yesterday to fit a last Little window in the new flat downstairs, and he also fitted a glass pane in the shower. We also asked him tomake a windbreak for the BBQ on the terrace. So when he had done that, hubby said he was going to take the windbreak down until the summer. I protested as i had already seen that it made a fantastic suntrap in Winter.
This is the first smile. There I am, sat in the sun, Reading a book. Hubby took the photo without me knowing through the window.


Yesterday also was hubby's birthday, so we had a lovely time opening cards and presents over a cup of coffee that morning.
Here he has just received a bag to put his shaving gear in. A present from some of his grandchildren. Looking Sharp it says. He didn't feel he looked that Sharp as he is in his work overalls.


We've had a bit of snow too, but just in the mountains. Here it fell as snow. But I always like the look of the hills with White on them.
Here you can see the snow. It's a badly focussed photo. Sorry.
Now for some postcards:
A famous face from the 1960s. Yes, it's Jacqueline and Caroline Kennedy photographed at Hyannis Port (Mass) in 1960.
The stamps are also very nice:
As you can see, the card is date-stamped 28 Nov, and I only got it this week. The stamp on the right is about the painter Andrew Wyeth. Do look him up as you will be pleasantly surprised. I like his work.


This card is from Germany:
The lady that sent it is called Ute and lives in a place called Velzen. This is a picture of their railway station building, which has been re-designed by an Austrian artist called Hundertwasser. It's quite unusual isn't it.
Here are the stamps:
A lovely sunset and a beautiful flower.
Now for a few funnies before I go:



 The caption reads: I will start studying at 11:00.
The caption on thislast one is: 'Mature? That's what fruit does.'


That is it from me this Friday. Have you some smiles to share. Please join me at Annie's A Stitch In Time.


Hugs,
Lisca

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your husband. I hope he had a great birthday, even though he was working.

    It's good to see you are feeling better. And you look good sitting in the sun, too. Too bad it's been so cold.

    Your postcards are wonderful. I really enjoyed both. Doesn't it bother you when the stamp is covered by the metering, though? Speaking of Andrew Wyeth, I've seen his art in many U.S. art museums over the years. I distinctly remember seeing some of his Helga series.

    LOVE the first funny. I'm a bit concerned about the pineapple, too. Happy Friday Smiles, dear and happy birthday again to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest smile is to hear you’re feeling better my friend. We don’t shake the bugs off so quickly as we get older I’m sure so you’re wise to take things steady. I hope you go from strength to strength now.
    Many happy returns to your hubby.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca. Pleased to see you are feeling a bit better, sitting in the sun must be good for you and the landscape looks lovely. Loving the funnies especial the Goats Butter, someone obviously has a sense of humour there. Happy birthday hubby too. Sending gentle hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wind break looks like a perfect reading spot. We are so cold here today, you don't even want to go outside as it is like the arctic. And happy belated birthday to your hubby. Looks like he had a nice birthday. And I know about Andrew Wyeth because I read the book A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline. It's a fictional story based on one of his paintings. I recommend it and it has Andrew Wyeth in it. And it's easy read too. :) Stay warm and healthy and enjoy your reading spot. I am jealous you can still sit outside. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so glad you are on the mend, I was getting worried about you. the glass sun trap looks fantastic, I'm not surprised you were out there enjoying the sunshine, as is the photo of the snow in the distance, we were a little closer to ours this week. I hope your hubby had a great birthday. Loving the funnies too - particularly the goats butter one as it made me giggle, I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are on the mend Lisca. We too have enjoyed finding a sheltered spot in the sun, to sit and read. Your windbreak looks just perfect for it.
    A late Happy Birthday for Graham. I hope he enjoyed his day.
    How easy it was to recognise Jackie Kennedy after all this time!
    I hope the snow stays up in the mountains and doesn't come down to us. Here's to more sunny days so we can still sit outside and enjoy it. Kate x

    ReplyDelete