Tuesday 25 July 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 25 July - T for cheesecake and naked women

Hello lovely people! I'm back again. We had visitors from the UK and we have been busy. It was a good visit and we had a lovely time catching up and showing them all the beautiful sights.

Lets start with my postcards. Of course I have received quite a few in the past weeks but these two stand out for me. They actually arrived on the same day but from different countries and from different people.

This card of the girl in the green chair is a painting by the Parisian painter Jean-Luc P... I forgot his name and I left the card at the other house. The card was sent to me by someone in Belgium. I think it's beautiful.

This card is different again. It had no explanation on the back and it came from Germany. Again a fascinating subject and a beautiful black and white photo.

Some weeks ago, one of you, showed a cheese cake. (Was it Valerie?). I asked for the recipe and it was given to me. It was written in German and the main ingredient was Philadelphia cream cheese. I made it!

And boy! was it yummy! Delicious! I used peaches in stead of mango as I couldn't find mangos. It was really easy to make, so it is a keeper. Thank you so much!


I'm writing this at midnight, and in the morning (Tuesday morning) we will go on a short holiday. We no longer have the campervan, but we still have the tent that we bought two years ago. So we are going camping! I'm excited! I haven't camped since we were much younger. We're only going for a few days, but I'm looking forward to it. We haven't got much cooking equipment apart from a BBQ, so we will be eating out a lot. I will be taking pictures so I can show you next week.

Now as you can see, I have forgotten to show you a drink in the picture. As as this is Elizabeth and Bluebeard's T-party, I need to have something drink related in this blog post.
Have a look at this:
I firmly believe in recycling (I know Elizabeth does too), so this mug (with tea in it) is utterly appropriate for me.


Funnily enough, I also found a traditional trash can mug. Cute or what!

That's it from me. I wish you all a very happy T-Day and a good week ahead.

Hugs,
Lisca

14 comments:

  1. I love your mugs!! just perfect I would say. You receive the coolest postcards-love these- and wow the cheesecake looks delicious-we love cheesecake here too-my hubs favorite
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun camping. I like to camp for a couple of days, not much longer, but it is great to get back to nature. Hope you take some photos to show us. Happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been here sooner, but the electricity went out on my block for about five hours. I was starting to get very, very warm by the time they got it back on. I think I missed my AC as much as my internet, and that's saying a LOT.

    Wow, I can't believe you gave up your camper van. Sorry, but I am not much of a camper, especially in a tent. Too many bugs, too much heat, and no privacy. However, since you are excited about it, I will be excited for you and not be a Debby Downer (someone who puts a negative spin on things).

    That cheesecake looks wonderful. I've made cheesecake using Philadelphia cream cheese, too. I'm amazed you get it there.

    Those postcards are really unusual. Both are different and surprisingly unique in their nudity. How odd they both arrived at the same time.

    I fell in love with both coffee/tea cups. They are simply fabulous. I fell in love with both. Yes, I love to recycle, too. Thanks for sharing these mugs, your postcards, and your cheesecake with us for T this Tuesday.

    BTW, it wasn't a blogoversary, but our 4th annual T Stands For Tuesday Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those mugs! What a fun idea. Glad you enjoyed the cake, we loved it too, and it is really quick and simple. I love both of the postcards. Have fun camping, although it's not my fave idea of holiday, I need more comfort these days. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful postcards and those mugs are so much fun 😀. Have a lovely time camping, happy travels! I always love to see what you have baked each week and oh my, that cheesecake looks so delicious - Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful postcards... and i wish you a happy travel and Camping time!
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks yummy and the postcards are wonderful.

    Happy Camping and a very Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cheesecake looks delicious and I had to smile when I saw the trash can tea cups, they were fun to see.
    The postcards were super, the second on had me thinking she looked like she was wrapped in Cling film.
    Enjoy your camping trip.
    Happy T day
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what fun mugs!!
    The postcards are really artistically done and beautiful.
    Your cheesecake looks divine!
    Enjoy your camping trip-hope the weather cooperates:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cheesecake looks gorgeous. And tasty. I'm always ready for cheesecake, but they don't always live up to expectations. Sounds like yours does :)

    I haven't been camping since I was in high school, but I always enjoyed it. We had a tent and went camping every summer. Such fond memories :)

    I'm getting a kick out of your mugs lol Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every year for his Birthday Hubby MUST have cheesecake... Our daughter growing up often made him one and sometimes we buy it frozen... those are good too... Hubs and i decided long ago we are too old to be sleeping on the ground in a tent...lol Can't wait to see how your tent camping trip went... Those mugs are hilarious! LOL ! Although i would love the recycle one myself!!Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, your headline certainly got my attention, Lisca! The nudie postcards make me wonder if they would be allowed to go through the U.S. mail. They're lovely.

    Going camping - wow! I haven't done that since I was a Girl Scout unless sleeping out in the backyard with my siblings in a makeshift tent counts. We used to do that a couple nights each summer.

    Cute mugs!

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your postcards do look interesting and so do the mugs! The cheesecake looks delicious! As for camping - I hope the weather is kind to you - I haven't camped since my boys were about 12….Have wonderful time! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. a wide variety of treasures today! beautiful postcards...brings back memories of art school...and wondering why the nudes are always women. Love the two beverage mugs...so fun ;) and I can't wait to hear about your camping in a tent!

    ReplyDelete